How to use rooms
In this article we show you how to:
How to enter and exit rooms
There are two ways to enter a room:
- If you are nearby the room, you can simply walk your avatar into the room:
- You can find the room in the left side bar and click on it to jump into the room:
- You can use the quick search feature to search for the room and then click Go to room:
- To exit a room, click on the Main Floor or another room on the left side bar.
How to invite teammates to rooms
You can use the "Invite to you" feature to invite a teammate to your room.
- Find their name in the left side bar and click on the ... next to the chat icon. Select Invite from the dropdown.
- Your team member will get a notification, inviting them over to talk to you. If they accept, they will be sent to your room.
How to invite a guest out of app directly to a room
- To invite a guest directly to your room, click on the invite button at the top right.
- Select guest from the dropdown.
- Select "grant access to a specific room" and choose the room you want to invite them
- Either enter their email address into the field or share the link at the bottom with them
How to lock and unlock rooms
Locking rooms is a great way to control who can enter a room.
- To lock a room you need to first be inside the room. Click on the ... at the top left of your window and select Lock Room from the dropdown.
- If someone tries to enter a locked room, those inside will receive a notification that someone is knocking on the door. You can let them in or decline their request.
- To unlock your room, repeat the same step, but now you will see an option to Unlock Room.
How to control spatial audio
When inside a room, you can turn spatial audio on or off for the whole room.
- To turn spatial audio on, click on the ... at the top left of your window and click on the toggle next to spatial audio. With spatial audio on, only people near you will be able to hear you.
- To turn spatial audio off, repeat the same steps. With spatial audio off, all team members can hear each other equally in the room regardless of distance.