Sync Teamflow with Slack
Teamflow is a virtual office for your team to hang out in. Bring back the presence of being in the office, the energy of working in the same room, the spontaneity of hallway conversations — the joy of feeling like a team.
Teamflow shows your video in a bubble on a virtual office floor plan — you can move that bubble around, like in a video game, and only hear people around you. Your team can hang out in this space, and when you want to chat with someone, you can just walk over to them and say Hi! — just like you would in real life. No more Zoom scheduling nightmares.
Our Slack integration allows you to easily share your Teamflow link with your colleagues and start a meeting spontaneously. With Teamflow in Slack you can:
- Share a link with colleagues to your main floor.
- Share a link with colleagues to a specific room.
- Notify a Slack channel when colleagues are in Teamflow.
- Sync your status between Teamflow and Slack.
- How to integrate Teamflow with Slack (Slack admins only)
- How to share links to Teamflow in Slack (all users)
- How to sync your status with Slack (all users)
- How to uninstall Teamflow with Slack
- How to get support
How to integrate Teamflow with Slack (Slack admins only)
- Go to Teamflow and click on the dropdown next to your profile.
- Select Settings from the dropdown
- Select Connected Apps under Workspace. Click on the Connect button to proceed.
Note: if your team already has our Slack app installed then you will see a 'Revoke' button instead. If that is the case, then you do not need to do anything further! You are ready to use Teamflow's Slack App. To learn how, jump to: How to share links to Teamflow in Slack
- A permission box will appear requesting access to Slack. Please review the permissions and then select a channel you wish to use for Teamflow notifications.
- Once you've selected a channel for Teamflow notifications, you can press Allow to enable Teamflow for Slack.
- After that you are ready to go! You will see a notification in your chosen Slack channel, letting the group know that the Teamflow integration was added.
How to share links to Teamflow in Slack (for all users)
- Starting a Teamflow meeting is super easy! Just type the /teamflow command in Slack. This will share a link to the main floor of your virtual office.
- Click Join them to jump straight to your Teamflow office! It's that easy!
- You can also share a link to start a meeting in a specific room in your virtual office by typing the room name after /teamflow
How to sync your status with Slack (for all users)
You can now sync your status between Teamflow and Slack. This means you can set a status in Teamflow and it will show up in Slack, or you can set a status in Slack and it will show up in Teamflow.
- First, we need to integrate Slack with your individual Slack account. Click on your profile drop-down and select Settings.
- Go to Connected Apps under Account and you will see an option to link your Slack and Teamflow accounts together. Click Connect.
- A permission page will pop-up, read the page and then click Allow to proceed.
- That's it! To try it out it, hover over your avatar and click on Set a custom status.
- Type in a custom status and hit Set Status. You will see the status pop-up in both Teamflow and in Slack!
- You can also set a status in Slack and it will show up in Teamflow!
How to uninstall Teamflow with Slack
Go to Teamflow and click on the dropdown next to your name.
Select Connected Apps from the dropdown
Your profile settings will appear and you will be directed to the Connect Apps tab. Click on the Revoke button.
This removes the org-wide Slack integration. To remove your account level integration follow the same steps, but go to Profile Apps in your account and click Revoke.
Done! You will receive one final notification in your Slack channel to confirm that Teamflow was removed from Slack.
How to get support
- Having problems? Get in touch with the team: firstname.lastname@example.org